I am back for today and have a few things I would like to talk about.  The first item I want to cover is about Star Wars and a character that has been in every Star Wars movie to date.  The character I am referencing is R2-D2.  I think, after dwelling on this question for awhile, that R2 is force sensitive and can use the force when needed.  That can help explain how R2 is able to get out of a lot of "sticky" situations.  The first instance would be in Episode 4: A New Hope.  When the Jawa's come to see if Owen wants any droids they have found, he chooses C3PO and a droid called R5-D4.  As R5 is rolling towards Luke, this is before we find out that Luke is one of the main characters in the movie, he unexpectedly breaks down.  I believe the reason for this is that R2 is a force user and caused R5 to break down because it would upset the plans he has for Luke and getting to Obi Wan-Kenobi.  Also, he kinda like C3PO, even though the actors that portray them do not really like each other.  If anybody reading this blog wants to discuss this issue, I would be happy to.

There is a quote by a great writer, Alexis de Toqueville, that goes like this.  "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money".  He had many great quotes on America and even wrote about the political process here in this country.  He was from France but loved America because of the freedoms granted to its citizens.  A very smart man, one quote that I just couldn't find was one I heard while taking a political science class at the University of Missouri, it goes something like this.  "As soon as members of Congress realize that they can vote themselves a raise, the American republic is doomed."  I cannot remember if he is the person that said that or not but by both of those quotes he was dead on.  It is horrible that congress can vote themselves a raise, serving in congress was never meant to be a job or career but people have made it that.  Another thing I really do not like about congress, if I was to list everything I would not be able to get anything done at all, is that they are given a pension once they leave office.  I do not think that is right, mostly because being a public servant is not supposed to be a job.  If it is I think they should only get paid for the time that they are actually there in session, their pay should be deducted every time they skip a vote for something unless it is a leave for medical reasons.  I think that is something that should be changed.  I have already wrote a letter to my senator, if you feel that this should be changed then you probably should let your voice be known.

Well, that is all today, the sun going down early every night is making me tired early.  Well, I am off to sleep, have a good night or day everyone.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts