The trouble with sleep and Castro stuff

Back again for tonight, although I will be going to bed soon after I write this since I haven't been sleeping well for the last few nights.  Sleep is a funny thing, did you know that sleep is one of the biggest mysteries we have?  Scientist are still trying to figure out why we need sleep, the best answer they have is because people become "sleepy".  It is crazy that something we all do pretty much everyday is baffling some of the smartest people on the planet.  If you do not get enough sleep, as most of us know, it can make you perform pretty bad in most everything you try to do.  But did you know that if you stayed awake for more than 10 days then your body can turn on you to the point were you could die.  Pretty crazy but from what I have read, it is true.  When I was younger, basically a very long time ago, I could stay up for two or three days but now in my advanced age I have to get some sort of rest periodically.  Just wanted to share some of the stuff I read about today.

Another thing I read a little about today, more on the death of Fidel Castro.  Now, most of you know that I am a history nerd so I know some of the brutal things the man has done to his people in Cuba over the years.  ABC news came out with an article saying that President Obama is not sending an "official" delegation to Cuba for his burial but that two White House officials are going to be attending the services.  I think this is very distasteful of the administration to be sending anybody at all to see this murderer off.  If I remember correctly, which there is a good chance that I do not, President Obama would not send a delegation to the funeral of a British Prime Minister, so why is he even acknowledging the death of Castro.  I really feel for the Cuban people, they have lived under a brutal leader for way to long and to see that a few years ago Obama started to "normalize" relations with Cuba, I think means that he does not care for the people that Castro tortured and murdered over the years.  It just goes to show you how much the Democratic Party has changed since the days of JFK, who sent people to kill Castro.  That day failed as the Bay of Pigs fiasco but it showed that America was not going to let a bully run a country when there was something that America can do about it.  Such a shame Obama.

Well, that is all for tonight, I hope everyone has a good day or night.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts