Hello everyone, I hope everybody's Thanksgiving weekend is going well, mine is pretty good.  So, I will start off like usual, let you all know how it is I am doing.  The mornings have been tough, at least pain wise, because even though it is not officially winter, it is really cold.  When I woke up this morning I looked at the temp on my phone and it was 26 degrees outside and that was without the windchill.  At least the wind was not blowing very much.  I still am not showing any symptoms of AMN, which is a good thing.  I am talking with some survivors of Addisons and other related conditions recently, which has helped because what I have there is not a local support group that meets once a month, so we connect on Facebook.  It is good for me to talk with people with a shared experience and we can give tips and advice to people who need it.  I really enjoy it.  Now on to some other stuff.

I had watched this video today on a city where all of the citizens reside in, basically, one huge apartment building.  It is in the town of Whittier in Alaska, which is home to 220 people.  The place is a 14 story tower called Begich Towers, the building is for school, shopping and work.  They have a police station there but mostly everything you need to live.  It is extremely isolated.  There is no way I would ever go there, mostly because it is so cold in that area of Earth.  This lovely town started as a few towns have, as a military installation and the people living there now are just relation to the military people that inhabited that cold, desolate place.  I am sure it is a lovely place to visit, as long as you like cold weather, be my guest.

So, that is all I have for tonight, hope everybody has a good day or night.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts