Finally Back, It's Over, Best Years, Dumb Politician, Flu Death

Hey there everyone, I am finally back to write a real blog post.  I hope you all are doing great on this Friday.  So I got my baby back and there is just a little problem, one pixel didn't fully get fixed, I have already called them and will take it up tomorrow.  In this time away I have some good news, I now have a job, it's with a newer company called Moxie Solar.  I would be a lead generator, so basically I would go out and talk to people about getting solar power.  It will be my first sales job but I think I will do good with it, I plan on working as hard as I can at it to make sure I am good.  I plan on doing a lot of research tonight about the company so that way when I go to training tomorrow I will have a lot of information that will help me out.  So, this post won't have the usual Friday thing of Alternate History but I'll just write about a few things.  So, let me get to it!

First I'd like to talk about the clown show that was going on in the Senate and before the House of Representatives, the Impeachment trial of President Donald J. Trump.  Basically I always thought that Congress had more important things to do than to try a president on a phony trial.  I am very glad it's over but I am not hopeful because the democrats say that this is not the last time they will try to impeach the president.  Because of that I really hope the republicans retake the Senate in the November election.  Pelosi, who I hope will lose in November, is always going to say that President Trump was impeached, which he was by the House but not removed by the Senate.  She is just happy that it will state that in history books going forward.  Since most history books are written by liberals then it's a guarantee that it will state that.  I am not saying that I don't want to see President Trump taken out of office but the way the democrats went about this is all wrong, they tried to impeach on purely political grounds because they don't like him.  If they would have actually had something on the president then I would have supported the action.  The big issue they tried to pin on President Trump that he did wrong was fire the ambassador to Ukraine.  That is ridiculous because all the ambassadors serve at the discretion of the president and he can fire anyone while not even giving an excuse for why that person was fired.  I just don't want to hear about this anymore, Congress needs to get back to the work of the people of this country.  Here is an article on them not stopping; https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/democrats-arent-done-impeaching-trump

This is something I had thought about a few weeks ago and today I found it was made into a list on one of my favorite websites, Listverse, 10 Years That Made the Modern World.  I feel pretty good that the writer of this list decided to use the year of 1979 as the number 1 year, the same year of my birth.  1979 was a very important year and not just because of my birth but for other things, such as probably the biggest event that year in the Islamic Revolution of Iran that birthed the modern state of the Republic of Iran.  The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was a huge event, leading to the end of communism in the Soviet Union, along with the destruction of the Berlin Wall.  But more importantly that war gave rise to the most destructive force in the modern world, Islamic terrorism.  There were many Islamic terror attacks before 1979 but what happened in that year really kick-started things for those fighters and gave them something more to fight against.  I am not in total agreement with all the years that are featured in this list but I think it is a good list.  One of the changes I would have made is I would have put the year of 2001 a little higher on the list instead of 10 and I would have also moved number 9 up a few spots, as I think 1848 was extremely important for Europe with all the revolutions it spawned.  One year I thought should have featured predominantly is 1066 and that was all because of one event, the Norman conquest of Britain and that started the modern state of the United Kingdom.  If I was to replace one of the years on the Listverse list, I would probably cut out 1905 and put 1066 in it's place.  I will put my top ten list of most defining years in history here and one reason why it's there.
10.  1969, first man to step foot on a different celestial body
9.    1945, end of the largest war in history WWII
8     1455, invention of movable type print, putting books in the hands of every person
7.    1918, end of WWI and start of the Spanish Flu
6.    1789, French Revolution
5.    1990, start of the Internet
4.    1776, Revolution of the American Colonies
3.    1979, Iranian Revolution
2.    1453, Fall of Constantinople
1.    1066, Battle of Hastings
Here is that list from Listverse; https://listverse.com/2020/02/03/10-years-that-made-the-modern-world/

Not going to talk much about this but wanted to put it down here.  Mike Bloomberg, another fake democrat running for the nomination.  From what is in this article he seems a little out of touch, at least of the democrat talking points.  One thing he said that I take issue with is that people in the midwest couldn't understand social issues.  Sounds like a typical New Yorker when talking about people from "real America" in the center of the country.  He is really digging himself a hole if he is trying to get nominated as the democrat runner for president.  I hope he blows all his money and doesn't win a thing.  Here is an article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-bloomberg-called-trans-women-231412105.html

I would talk about the coronavirus outbreak here but I thought this health story was more important, even though coronavirus is serious and should be paid attention to.  This is a story of a mother from Colorado that basically allowed her 4 year old to die from the flu by taking the advice of antivaxxers on Facebook.  Everyone should know that you should not take advice from Facebook as it is usually the worst thing you can do, especially when it comes to health related issues, only get advice from someone that is trained in medical stuff.  This group told her to basically just add vitamin C and veggies and that would "cure" the boy, while the doctor had prescribed Tamiflu.  We all know that the flu shot only works about 50% of the time, if that, but the Tamiflu would have helped.  As a lot of you know, I cannot ever get a flu shot because of my conditions and also that a flu shot has a side effect of Gullian-Barre Syndrome, one of my conditions.  I am not saying that the mother killed her son, because I cannot imagine the pain and loss she is feeling right now, but you shouldn't allow people you really don't know to give you advice on anything with your own children.  I hope she and her family can pull through this.  Here is an article; https://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-year-old-dies-from-flu-after-members-of-anti-vax-facebook-group-advise-his-mom-use-thyme-elderberries-instead/

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I'm glad I am back, feels good.  I really hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend, take care!























































Comments

Popular Posts