Hey there everyone, I am back.  So far today it has been a very bad pain day with my pain being between a 9 and 10.  I am doing my best to not think about it and continue the day, Friday is not that far away.  At least that is what I keep telling myself.  It is important for me to remind you all that I am not and do not get any withdraw symptoms, the only thing that happens when I do not have any pain med is pain.  So it is going to be a tough week for me, even though I have morphine and Aleve here, they do nothing to my pain.  Even if I take more than recommended, which I have done before.  So I am just leaving that stuff alone for now.

I have a topic I would like to talk about.  The forgotten pandemic in the early 20th century.  This was the Spanish Flu pandemic, the deadliest pandemic in history.  A few different things contributed to the flu coming to being, a lot goes to trench warfare from WWI though.  This flu spread everywhere across the world and is responsible for killing 3-6% of the worlds population at the time.  If this was to happen now, with the world population hovering at 7.5 billion, it would take the lives of 225 million to 450 million people.  That would be the worst thing we could go through, I think.  But I do not think something like that would be able to happen nowadays because we have so much better medical practices than we did a century ago, we would have a better chance at catching a pandemic before it gets out of hand.  The latest flu pandemic we have had is the Swine Flu in Southeast Asia and it had killed 284,500 people, that is bad enough.  So hopefully we can stay safe from anything similar in the future.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts