Another good day, texting suicide case, Amazon buys Whole Foods

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing great today.  My day has been pretty uneventful for the most part.  I did not do anything really different or new or what you may consider exciting.  I did actually get a nap in, a good 2 hour one, when I woke up I felt refreshed.  A lot better than most of the naps I have taken before in the last few weeks.  I did a little cleaning and went to the store for some apples and a grapefruit.  My pain has been mostly under control, except for when I first woke up this morning, which is usually the case.  My pain level has been around a 7.5, so pretty good for me.  I traded some cards today with a friend, that was kinda fun.  But I do have a few things I would like to talk about.

First off, I would like to voice my opinion about this texting suicide case where a woman had a boyfriend who she had sent a tremendous amount of text messages trying to egg him on to commit suicide.  Which he ultimately did.  Such a shame that a person can have that much control on another person just by sending some text messages.  I am not sure why they would have been together as a couple if she wanted him to kill himself, that is beyond horrible.  I have never once been in a relationship where I wish anything bad on the woman I was dating.  I completely understand that as a teenager your whole world is always spinning, your hormones do not know which way is up and life can be difficult to understand but this is such a horrible thing that I cannot envision it at any other age than as a teen.  The girl was 17 back in 2014 when she had sent the text messages to the victim Conrad Roy III, I will not give her name here, so since this was almost three years ago then she can now be tried as an adult, which she should be.  She did a very adult crime and should be punished for that crime no matter her age.  What is happening to society when things like this are becoming commonplace.  For years I have heard of teens bulling each other through things like Facebook and there have been untold number of suicides from that.  I hope it stops now though by the fact that the girl in the above case can serve up to 20 years, he sentencing date is set for August 3rd.  I will stay informed of this current event.

Some news came in today that Amazon is going to buy Whole Foods for a whopping 13.7 billion dollars.  I said that something like this was going to happen a few years ago, I did not know what grocery company would be bought out by the giant, but I knew it was going to happen like this.  I thought they would make a move like this because of the new ways that Amazon is trying to get people to shop for groceries online.  Recently they had started a project were you shop for what you want on an app, go to the store to pick it up and leave.  You can do this by purchasing the items on the app and go to the store to get your stuff and just walk out without waiting in line.  It is all very revolutionary and that is going to, in effect, change the way we all shop for groceries, even if you do not use an app.  I think it is wonderful, of course there will be push back but I am sure it will get worked out soon.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope all of you have a great night or day, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts