Good day, cancer research, hobbies

Sorry but I am back again after a little break.  Anyway, I was pretty busy today doing a garage sale with my cousin in his neighborhood.  I did pretty well, financially at least.  I was in the sun a lot today, which was mostly my fault, but I had a pretty good time.  Pain wise the day has been alright, pain is around a 6.7 or so, which for me is really good.  I did visit a few other garage sales and picked up something cool for my godchild, some of those big blocks so he can learn to build things.  I enjoyed Lego stuff when I was a kid so I thought he might like these.  Plus they came with a big bag to carry them in.  That will help keep them together because he is getting better at cleaning up his toys before he goes home.

So, one thing I would like to talk about tonight is cancer research.  I am not a supporter of cancer research for two reasons.  The first one is that they have been getting donations for a very long time, at least since the late 70's in the last century and still supposedly have not found a cure.  There has been billions upon billions of dollars donated and it seems not much has been done except for a few new medicines.  Honestly and I am not trying to be too conspiratorial here but I think that some of these so called charities are just scams.  Very successful ones at that, kind of like what Bernie Madoff had done but on a much larger scale.  The second one is a little selfish but I am annoyed that cancer seems to be the only big disease brought to the forefront, when the charities for all of my conditions are really needing money.  I really feel for the people that go through cancer but I think some of them have been used as pawns to gain money or a number of other things that I think are all illegal.  Plus when you go to some businesses and they ask you if you would like to donate money to cancer research and you say no, people look at you like you are a heartless bastard and I really hate that part of it.  So, I never give to those charities but I would happily give to a cancer patient.

The last thing I would like to talk about is, I think I need to find a new hobby.  It is really hard if not impossible to find a single woman with the hobbies I have now.  My first hobby is numismastics, which is coin and currency collecting.  Really not any single women that participate in this, mostly older guys.  When I go to an auction I am by far the youngest there by quite a bit.  Second is football card collecting, buying, selling and trading, only females that come to shows are there because of their boyfriend or husband.  Third is Star Wars and comics nerd, only women there are either in a relationship or married, so no luck for me there.  I have to figure something new out, maybe photography.  I had thought about that one for awhile but it is really expensive.  Oh well.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope everyone has a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts