Ice storm, helping a younger person in a wheelchair and Pip the Troll played by Peter Dinklage

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well today.  I think I may be coming down with a cold, or it is my sinuses draining again, which I hate that feeling.  I'll be fine, takes a lot to stop me.  Well, tonight is the beginning of this huge winter storm they are predicting for Missouri, as saying winter storm is better than an ice deluge.  And so tonight starts my four day hibernation in my apartment, which isn't too bad, really.  I went to the grocery store on Tuesday to stock up on some food and drinks.  I did not sleep well last night and got up around 2:30 so I put a beef pot roast, you can buy them in packages where the meat is included with the potatoes and carrots, so I have that to eat to hold me over for a few days.  Plus I have some other good stuff.  So I am prepared, even got some batteries for the flashlights, because Columbia Power and Light has talked about possible outages all over town.  Schools have already let out for Friday, they did this Thursday morning and so some places will allow their employees to stay home with their children.  So the city will not me running much anyway, hopefully everyone stays home that can.  No need to get in a wreck, I'll go out and play in the ice, it's fun to go sideways in a chair.

So, something nice happened today, which does not happen for me a whole lot.  I met a lady that her 17 year old daughter is in a wheelchair from a bad accident, that is not the good news, and she asked if I would be willing to talk with her daughter to give her some inspiration.  I told her I would be happy to do that, I told her about my ability to do disability counseling, like going into the home to make sure everything is accessible and suggest changes to what is not.  I can even help her exercise and hopefully help her get out and about.  That is just one of the nice things I do.  Hopefully I can add to this story later on, stay tuned.

I am not sure why but it seems that a lot of the geek pundits have lost their mind and forgotten about a key character to the Infinity War story for the upcoming movie.  There was a news report that came out sometime last night that said Peter Dinklage is going to sign on to be in Avengers: Infinity War, a lot of people tried to think that he was going to be playing this character and that, when I first heard this news I only thought of one character, which would be a perfect fit, Pip the Troll.  For those of you who do not know who Peter Dinklage is, he has been on Game of Thrones for awhile as Tyrion Lannister, I have not watched game of thrones but I do now of him from some other movie or T.V. appearances.  Anyway, the reason why he would be perfect for a character called Pip the Troll is because he suffers from a form of dwarfism and is something over 4 feet, not for sure exactly.  This character is crucial to the Infinity War storyline from the comics and it would only make sense that they are going to have him play that character.  Hope I am right on this.

Well, I am off to bed everyone.  I hope you all have a good day or night.  Take care.


Comments

Popular Posts