New pain, bad winter and lousy politicians

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well.  Sorry that I have been absent for a few days, things just have not been going so good.  Besides getting some new pain in different areas of my body, I have been dealing with some bad depression.  It seems to me like this has been a very long winter and a lot more gloomy than last year.  Last year was really a pretty mild winter for Missouri.  At least here in Columbia, the snowfall total was just over 6 inches all season, which is very low for us.  I remember about 5 years ago when I was in my final year at the University of Missouri, it snowed so much in one day that the whole college shut down for four days in a row, the first time they have shut everything down for over 100 years.  I think on that day it snowed like 23 inches here, since I could not get to the gym at the time I took to scooping snow.  A lot of people in my building where I lived just watched out there windows, probably could not believe that a guy in a wheelchair could scoop that much snow.  I was pretty much snowed in for a few days, good thing I had plenty of groceries.

So, my card selling business online is not going very well right now, hopefully will pick up soon.  I think the government has it wrong, taxes are due at the end of December when people are spending money on Christmas and Thanksgiving and then to start the year off, if you have health insurance or prescription insurance, you have deductibles you have to meet.  That makes the last two months and the first two months of the year pretty hard for some people.  Doesn't seem like the government cares very much this issue as I have wrote letters and made calls about it and those have all been pushed away.  I think that personal property taxes should be due around March or April, when people file their income taxes and might have the extra money to pay for their personal property taxes.  The insurance thing will never be fixed as this country has had a bad track record with health insurance.  It does not seem people take it that seriously, which is sad.  Since it does look like President Trump will be doing something in the way of replacing the ACA, which I think is good but it depends on if he has any good ideas that will improve it.  As I think I have said before on here, I think that the lousy politicians we have from both sides should listen to the people that have dealt with the issues of having a serious medical condition or a caretaker of someone going through a serious medical condition or just any American that can put forth good ideas.  I hope they listen this time.

Well, that is all for tonight, I could go on and on about the some of the stuff I talked about but will not.  I hope everyone has a great day or night, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts