Nasty Weather Coming, Ruthless Man, Accidental Discoveries, Not Much To Say, Why Do This

 Hey there all, I hope you are having a great day!  My day was alright, loved the weather today but it looks like the weather is about to turn cold after tomorrow.  It was sunny and in the 50's, can't ask for much in the middle of January in Missouri.  They are calling for snow on Friday though, oh well.  So I will write the first of the top 5 lists on Friday.  Plus, Friday is the first two episodes of WandaVision on Disney+, can't wait for it.  Time to get into it! 


History Day!  Someone I have written about before and find very interesting is Genghis Khan and today I'm going to talk about someone that came a little bit later but was considered a Mongol warrior, Tamerlane or Timur.  Tamerlane may have been even more ruthless than the great Khan and this list from Listverse talks about some of his biggest highlights.  One of the best stories for Tamerlane is not in this list and is not something he did during his time but instead it was something that was written on his tomb.  Two days after Russian scientist opened the tomb and disturbed his body Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union.  On the tomb it said, I can't find what was wrote in full on the tomb but goes something like this, "whoever disturbs this tomb and removes my body shall receive the worst of the world".  The first entry in the list will give you a great idea of what kind of guy Tamerlane was, while destroying the city of Isfahan he created pyramids of the skulls of the people he ran through.  Basically he wasn't really nice.  I am going to add two links here and the second one tells a little about the curse of his tomb.  Here is the list from Listverse; https://listverse.com/2018/01/15/10-terrors-of-the-tyrant-tamerlane/?utm_source=more&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=direct,  curse; https://www.advantour.com/uzbekistan/legends/tamerlane-curse.htm


Sometimes the biggest discoveries of the world come from just random chance and not anything one person meant to do.  I think the biggest one would be penicillin, that has saved the lives of countless people across the world.  Mostly it happened because Alexander Fleming was a person that didn't clean up after himself very much.  This is one that many people thank all the time, Botox.  Botox is something we use daily to treat different ailments, I get botox shots in my bladder, but it's most famous use is to rid the face of wrinkles.  Take too much Botox though and you won't be doing very well since it is very toxic to humans in the right doses.  Here is a short list of other accidental discoveries; https://www.rd.com/list/10-accidental-discoveries-put-to-good-use/


Not going to talk a lot about this as I don't really see the point.  I guess President Trump was impeached by the House again.  I just don't think they will get the result they want out of it and it's so close anyway for Biden to take over.  Here is an article on it; https://www.yahoo.com/news/impeachment-vote-reveals-gop-torn-over-how-to-deal-with-trump-224613925.html


I cannot believe anyone would even try something like this, so crazy.  Magic mushrooms are meant to be eaten and I didn't know this but you can even drink them but you are never supposed to inject them.  Why did this guy think this would give him a bigger trip?  I'll never understand, people do some of the strangest things.  I guess the mushrooms started growing in his bloodstream and he went into organ failure and went into the hospital.  Luckily it sounds like he will be alright, pretty crazy turn of events.  Here is the article on this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-injected-himself-magic-mushrooms-230525222.html

That's it for me tonight.  I really do hope that each of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!






























Comments

Popular Posts