Crappy Snow Day, Harris is Not the First, Getting Overlooked, Should Not be Going On

 Hey there everyone, I hope your day is going great!  My day would have been a lot better if not for this dang snow and cold.  The high got up to a whopping 29 today and supposed to get down to maybe 12 tonight, crazy.  And then by Friday it's supposed to get in the mid 50's, good weather to get people sick is all it's good for.  But I can't let anything stop me, still probably should have stayed home.  Anyway, time to get into it!


History Day!  I heard this the other day and made me do some research.  Kamala Harris was referred to as the first person of color to become vice president and that is not right and the news agency would know that if they did their history.  I remember this from a long time ago so I went to research it, when President Hoover won the election in 1927 his vice president was a Native American named Charles Curtis.  Curtis was the second Native to hold office in Congress and he did do a lot of things, a few of his actions were seen by some to be hurtful to Native American causes.  Like the Curtis Act, now I have not done enough research to really grasp what the Curtis Act was and did so I won't talk too much about it.  Some argue that this Act just allowed white Americans to swoop into what used to be reservation lands, losing lands to the so called "5 civilized tribes".  To me it doesn't sound like he really did a lot to advance the lives of Native people but I don't know the whole story.  I have a webpage that talks about him and you can make up your own mind, here it is; https://www.history.com/news/vice-president-charles-curtis


This is some big news and I feel it is not getting enough attention.  China just flew some warplanes into Taiwan airspace.  This action has the potential to start WWIII as The United States permanently backs up Taiwan.  This could spiral out of control.  Here is the article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwan-air-force-flexes-muscles-054908566.html


I am very against things like this, I don't think members of Congress should be able to put money in the stock market while they are serving.  Things like this have been going on since the birth of the Dow Jones by those serving in government roles and it needs to be stopped.  Look how much some of these civil servants are worth and it's insane.  Why is Nancy Pelosi, who is supposed to be in Congress to help the American people, worth upwards of $114 million.  And she isn't the wealthiest person in Congress, The welthhiest person in Congress is Mark Warner who is worth around $214 million, while the average American citizen is making maybe $40,000 a year.  Somehow these people in Congress expect me to make it on $16,000 a year.  I don't want to talk about this anymore as it just makes me really upset, here is the article; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nancy-pelosi-recent-stock-purchase-173817100.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!

























Comments

Popular Posts