It's Back, Terrible Stuff Happens, Wonder Woman 1984 Review, Might Not Be Good Enough, Dumb New Stuff

 Hey all, hope your week is ending on a good note!  So my day was alright, I finally go my smartdrive back today, that makes me a little happy.  Just wish the weather was better to where I could use it more often but I'm sure there will be a day or two coming up that I can use it.  I skipped the gym today but that's alright, I'll make it up tomorrow.  This weekend I'm going to try and do a lot of writing so I can get my Viking book out.  Wish I had someone around that I could bounce ideas off of.  Oh well, I'm sure I can figure it out.  Well anyway, let me get into it!


Conspiracy Day!  I'll be honest, I didn't find anything great conspiracy wise to talk about, not much new to talk about with conspiracies really.  But I will talk a little about the "incident" at the United States capitol from Wednesday.  I will first say that I disagree with what was done as I don't think violence is the answer to this problem and is rarely an answer to anything.  Some suspect that conspiracies shared on sites like Twitter and Facebook made the violence even worse than it probably would have been.  I do think that is true as the hatred from some of these right wing "activists" made thins so much worse, even leading to a woman getting shot.  As far as I know that was the only physical victim from Wednesday.  There are some out there saying that this was orchestrated by groups like antifa or black lives matter, I am sure there were some of those people there but I don't think there was enough of those people to make a difference either way.  Hopefully this doesn't throw too much out of control and people keep their wits about them.  I seen earlier that a few people have been arrested and that's promising and I hope we can keep from something like this happening again.  Here is an article on this; https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-michael-pence-media-social-media-daba3f5dd16a431abc627a5cfc922b87


So, I watched the new Wonder Woman movie, Wonder Woman 1984 and this is my short review, no spoilers either.  I was feeling pretty good actually going to watch a movie at a theater, something I haven't done since March 2020, felt better than I thought.  First off, this movie was not as good as I was hoping it would be, because the first Wonder Woman movie was so good.  So because of that we all thought this would be great as well sequels are rarely ever better than the first movie and this one was just the same as that.  Overall I would say that it was just alright, not the worst I had ever seen but way far from the worst.  I feel that the story could have been better as it lacked in most every way, one way it did good was the action scenes, Gal Gadot is very good at those because of who she is.  I totally understand why they chose to put the movie in the mid 80's as that is the perfect timeframe for excess and wanting even more.  The villain was a blatant rip off of someone like President Donald Trump, surprised they didn't use the name for the character but I'm sure they would have gotten sued big time for something like that.  If you enjoyed the first movie then you would probably like this movie but I don't think it's something you need to rush out to go watch it.  Maybe if you are really bored on a Sunday night and just want to watch something new then pull this up on whatever streaming service you use.  Here is a review from someone else; https://collider.com/wonder-woman-1984-review/


This piggy-backs off the last story as Patty Jenkins, the director for Wonder Woman 1984, is going to direct the next Star Wars movie, Rogue Squadron.  Lucasfilm is a little nervous about how well she would do on the movie because of how her most recent movie has done at the box office.  I don't blame them and I could see them making a change at director before the movie comes out.  Here is an article on that; https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/lucasfilm-reportedly-hands-role-star-wars-rogue-squadron-woman-1984-deliver/


As I've said before, I absolutely hate this cancel culture that has reared it's ugly head as of late.  Not going to talk much about this as I don't wanna get too worked up but now the leftists are wanting to ban the phrase of Third World Country.  This is idiotic, we have much bigger problems to worry about at this time.  Here is that article; https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/01/08/954820328/memo-to-people-of-earth-third-world-is-an-offensive-term

Well, that's it for me on this Friday.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!






















Comments

Popular Posts