My Bad, Forgotten Wars, Favorite Thing in Wrestling, Just a Mess

 Hey all, I hope the middle of your week is going great!  Ok guys, I'm really sorry that I did not write last night, I'm not going to bore you with excuses.  Well, I guess I'm done with that job because my internet isn't up to what they want for some reason.  You need to have 3.5 mbs speed for uploads and I'm paying for 5 mbs from my service provider but they are working to get it back to where it should be but they don't have an ETA for the fix yet.  Oh well, I didn't really like that job anyway, I'm not crying over spilled milk.  So I guess I should get into it!


History Day!  It is really sad that there are some people out there that don't care to pay attention to the history of this great country.  I found a list of 5 forgotten wars that The United States of America have fought through, some of these are way more exciting that the wars everyone remembers, not saying any war is not memorable.  The first one of the list is pretty much all forgotten and goes along with another war, the Spanish-American War.  That was really the last war of American expansionism, it should not have happened the way it did but it has now happened and we need to move on.  Last I'll talk about a war that was waged over a very long time, I'm talking about the American-Indian Wars.  This is a conflict that is not talked about much at all in public school as I didn't learn much about the wars until I read about them when I was probably 14.  Even after I learned about them it was not taught in school and it should be as the conflict between Americans and the Native Americans is essential to the history of this country.  Here is that webpage; https://www.history.com/news/us-forgotten-wars


So this is something I wanted to write about to say how much I love it.  As some of you know I am a big pro wrestling fan, especially of the older stuff from when I was a kid.  Some of my favorite time in wrestling is the 1980's, a lot of great stuff came out at this time.  I still think the greatest innovation came about in July 1987 when Dusty Rhodes, one of my favorites at the time, came up with the War Games match.  Like a lot of things, it has been watered down over the years since it first came up but it is still kinda fun to watch but not as much as the early matches.  The story these great wrestlers could tell in the ring is second to none.  The first match at the Great American Bash on July 4th, 1987 was great and I would suggest checking that out if you haven't seen it before.  I have a video to add to this story by the best wrestling Youtuber, Wrestling Bios, he does great work when talking about wrestling history.  This video is about the story of Dusty coming up with the first match and a little bit about subsequent matches that I don't think were as good as the first.  Here is that video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcpjW_I63-Q


This here is something that should have been taken care of long ago, decriminalizing marijuana.  As one person pointed out in the article, it is obvious that the laws prohibiting marijuana have not worked so why are they still on the books then.  You get stupid 90 year prison sentences for marijuana possession when you should just get a slap on the wrist.  So I am for this but setting up a 5% tax and only put that toward people that have been convicted of a marijuana charge is just ludicrous to me.  We should tax marijuana like we do alcohol and cigarettes' and help with our failing infrastructure, and some of the other problems.  But at this time we have much bigger things to worry about than weed, we need to be helping the American people instead of playing politics which is what they did with this bill.  It was supposed to be taken up in September but democrats thought it would look bad in their poll numbers if they were working on this instead of something to help American citizens.  Things need to change because if they don't then we will be destroyed as a country.  Here is that article; https://finance.yahoo.com/news/house-gets-ready-for-historic-vote-on-federal-marijuana-prohibition-192829701.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I will be back tomorrow, have a great night and day, take care and stay safe!
























Comments

Popular Posts