Getting Back Up, Not That Bad, Extra Protection

Hey there all, I really hope your day is going great! My day hasn't been all that bad, really haven't done much of anything but more than yesterday.  Yesterday was pretty nasty out, cold and just a little snow and I didn't feel like getting out in it.  I made it to the gym today though and had a good workout and am staring to do some more floor work.  I need to work on getting back into the chair from the floor as that's pretty tough.  Falling and getting back into the chair was the first thing I was taught while at inpatient rehab and I need to get back to it because if you are in a wheelchair it's a matter of when you are going to fall and not if.  So anyway, time to get into it!


History Day!  This has been a crap year for a lot of people, I have had a few good things happen this year but overall it hasn't been that great.  I have heard people talk about this being the worst year ever and as a history nerd I would have to disagree with that.  I think this year would rank pretty low on bad years, first off there was not a major world war going on.  So that got me to thinking and I found a webpage that talks about this point of what could be the worst year on record and I don't think 2020 is anywhere close to some of the worst.  We have it much better now when things like a pandemic hit than say 200 years ago, at that time they really didn't understand how germ theory worked so at least we know how diseases are transmitted.  Like I said before you have had world wars to worry about where millions of people died, even if a few good inventions came out of it.  At the end of the first world war we had to deal with the Spanish Flu, which did not start in Spain, that ended up killing close to 50 million people.  This virus will not come close to those numbers.  There are so many years worse than this in our history and this page has a few of them; https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/the-worst-year-in-history-is-2020-a-contender


I think this is something that will become more prevalent in wealthier neighborhoods, I am not saying it's a bad idea but there can be some pitfalls with it.  A wealthy area of Atlanta wants to provide a private security force after rising violence has besieged the city.  As was said in the article, crime is up most everywhere but I guess it is really bad in this area.  I don't know as I do not live there but they are welcome to feel more safe any way as long as it is legal.  And that's where the pitfalls could lie, in if how they go about protecting the community is legal or not.  I see this could be a trend for more wealthy locations in America, just be careful.  Here is the article; https://news.yahoo.com/atlanta-proposes-spending-1-6m-164327603.html

Sorry but not much else I could find to talk about for tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care and stay safe!


















































































 



Comments

Popular Posts