Hello, I hope everyone is doing well this evening.  Well, finally the weather was nice here and I felt a little normal, even though my pain was very high.  But I was still able to go out and push around a little, to enjoy the weather.  Even though I do not have very much trust in the people that supposedly predict the weather, they are saying that over the next 4 days that temps are going to stay above 40 degrees, if that is true then it makes me a little more happy.  The weathermen and weatherwomen lost a lot of credibility when the were building up for the huge ice storm that never came, we did not get any precipitation here.  So, since then it has been hard to trust.  If you ever want to get let down, just look at a forecast for mid-Missouri and it would be sure to let you down.

I am not sure if any of you have thought of things like this but I wanted to talk about it here so maybe you can start a discussion of it later.  As fun and exciting this last election cycle was, I think we should go back to the old way of electing the president.  Back when we first started electing a president, after George Washington who was unanimously elected, the election was more between two people, not any political parties and the winner was elected president while the person in second place became vice president.  Wouldn't that be fun today, just think about it a little.  I also think that Ben Franklin's idea that we should have 3 people fill the job of the executive would have been a nice touch in our society today, that way no one person would ever wield all the power.  I think that would have been a good idea, seeing that people now spend hundreds of millions of dollars to win a job that pays a fraction of that.  It is mostly about the power grab and that may have stopped some.

Well, that is all for tonight.  I hope everyone has a great day or night, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts