Hello all, I hope you are doing well today.  Today hasn't been too fun for me, I woke up just after 4 am this morning, as I was transferring to use the bathroom my right knee gave out and I fell in the bathroom, I did not get hurt by hitting my head.  Not sure there is too much there to hurt anyway.  I had fallen on my knees and know they feel like they are bruised up but they do not have any visible signs of a bruise.  So there is that, plus I am still a little sore from pushing around downtown.  I had a good time doing it, just wish some of the streets I would normally go down were not blocked off.  I cannot wait until they are done with this stupid college housing.  As usual, the city of Columbia jumped the gun thinking this was a good idea.  Just a little after they started building all of these apartments downtown a report came out that MU is losing pace on students coming here.  No doubt that the problems that arouse in 2015 have a lot to do with that.  That sucks, being an MU alum and all but they are kind of screwing themselves over.  Also, this has created a housing bubble in Columbia that will burst sometime soon.  One of my biggest complaints about those apartments has always been that they are only available to students at the University of Missouri.  That is the biggest flaw of this system but who else in this town can afford $1,500.00 a month for a one bedroom apartment besides students.  So look for in a few years that they will start opening up the apartments to non-students and lowering the prices.  I have always said that Columbia is a city that wants to be a big city but just doesn't know how to do it.  Years ago I said that the city will have to start building up because you can only build out so much.  So, I guess we will see what happens.

Well, that is all for me tonight, I'm pretty tired.  I hope every one of you has a good day or night, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts