Back surgery, the Yoda Cult theory and Congressional Pensions

Hello all, I hope you are doing well.  I have a little more to talk about today.  First though, as usual I will talk about how I am doing.  The pain in my jaw has faded away but the bone pain in my right hip is hurting more than ever.  It does not hurt while I am sitting around, only when I move my side, maybe to pick something up or transfer, does it really hurt.  I guess I have been dealing with a lot of stress lately as well, mostly about my upcoming appointment to see if I need back surgery.  I'm mostly worried about how long I would be down for and if I can take care of myself.  Guess those are all questions I will have most of the answers to on February 14th, that is when I see the man about it.  Hopefully I am just blowing things out of proportion, I think I am.

So, the thing I would really like to talk about now is that after careful research and reading, I think what the Jedi Order is in the movies from Episode I onward, is a cult.  Now, my reasoning for this is that what is now known as canon, all the movies plus some books, only goes back to a little before Episode I and the character that has been around for all of that time to mold the Jedi Order into what they want is Yoda.  When Yoda dies in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, he had been around for about 900 years, which is plenty of time to mold the Order into what he wanted.  His biggest complaint, at least that I can tell, was to always say that the person was too old to train, implying that there was an age limit to creatures that can be trained no matter how close they were with the force.  I think that this was a bigger reason for the downfall of the Jedi.  If Yoda was not so caught up in creating his cult, then he would have been able to discover that Palpatine was really the Sith Lord that they are looking for, no matter that there was a Sith temple underneath the Jedi temple.  Well, I did not think building your Jedi temple on top of your sworn enemies temple was such a great idea.  So that is my little theory on why Yoda was unable to sense the Sith presence near him.

Another item I would like to talk about, and hopefully encourage my readers to do, is write a letter to your senator or representative about Congressional Pensions, especially if you are against them as I am.  Being a senator or congress member was never meant to be a career but there have been people that have made that their career.  It was always meant to be a service you did for your country or state or local area but not something that should be held onto for good like a job.  I have wrote many letters to the members of congress, that supposedly serve me and my neighbors, about many different topics that I am unhappy with or things that I think they did well.  I know that not every email or letter is read by that person but I like to voice my opinion and I know how to do that without causing mayhem like these "peaceful protesters".  But, back to my point, I do not think that members of congress should get any sort of pension.  A pension is for someone that has put their time into a job or work and that is their right to have it, not for congress, as I said being in the service of your country or state or whatever is a duty not a job.  Exercise your right of free speech and send some letters in, however you'd like to send them, just make sure they are not causing problems but let your voice be heard.

Well, that is all for tonight.  I hope everyone reading this has a great day or night.  Take care!


Comments

Popular Posts