Something I Don't Want To Do, Big Sports Conspiracies, Could've Been Worse, Back To School

 Hey everyone, hope your week went well!  So my Friday has been pretty good, nothing exciting really but it was good.  I've got a couple of assesments to do for a few jobs this weekend, I got the emails just a little before 5 pm and I get 7 days to finish them.  Hopefully things go well but you never know what'll happen.  So I need to do something next week I really don't want to do, call Medicare.  I need to see if I am still going to get my wheelchair in February since that will make it 5 years plus my bearings are out on my left caster wheel.  So anyway, let me get into it!


Conspiracy Day!  I found a page with some cool conspiracy theories I haven't talked about yet, sports conspiracy theories.  On this page I'm going to share there are 5 sports conspiracies and only one of them has been proven.  That happens to be the "Black Sox" scandal of 1919 in Major League Baseball.  Now I cannot really comment on that since I wasn't around back then, I know I'm old but not that old, I also cannot comment on the one recounting the Super Bowl win by the N.Y. Jets in 1969 but I don't think this one was a conspiracy.  I also wasn't around for the Ali-Liston II fight but from what I know it wasn't a fix but I guess we will never know.  The last two I am familiar with, did the NBA rig the draft lottery so certain teams got the first pick, they probably did do that but nothing can be proved and the last one is about an NBA playoff game where the refs clearly wanted one team to win over the other and I think that really happened.  Make up your own minds, here is that page; https://athlonsports.com/5-biggest-conspiracy-theories-sports-history-2016


I believe I had said it before on here, hand controls should be put on every vehicle.  I think it is much easier to drive with hand controls and this little video I'm going to share is a prime example of why they should be installed.  This could have been much worse, one woman died from this man hitting the accelerator when he thought he was hitting the brake.  I totally understand how a person can become confused and do something like that.  It is a horrible accident.  Of course the state that goes without my saying is going to go after the elderly man and the restaurant because they think they know best, wrong. Anyway, here is that little video; https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/driver-plowed-car-diners-says-131448717.html 


I have said for quite a while now that we should let the kids back in school, we can do this safely for the ones that want to go and if they want to stay home and do virtual learning then let them.  It should be up to the parents, as it should, as long as the parents are "good".  Next week they will be letting kids go back but only kids in elementary, that's better.  From some things I read this week that there are higher rates of F or failing grades among students so far this year because of learning on a tablet.  I'm not going to get into the whole thing about should government be involved in education, I don't think they should be.  Hopefully this will help some of the kids out.  Here is an article about what they are doing here in Columbia; https://abc17news.com/news/education/columbia-public-schools/2020/10/16/some-columbia-public-school-teachers-work-to-get-all-students-caught-up-for-in-person-learning/

Well, that's it for me this week.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!





















Comments

Popular Posts