Not Much Today, Histories Big Conspiracies, Horrible Lawsuits, Some Presidents Did Hide Their Medical Conditions

 Hey there all, I hope your week is ending the way you want!  My day was pretty good, nothing too great.  I watched the boys for a few hours and didn't do a whole lot else.  I helped the oldest one with school for a bit, I really do not like the virtual learning.  They really need to let the kids get back to school, kids need to have that social interaction of seeing their friends.  But I'll get off that soapbox and get into it!


Conspiracy Day!  There have been a lot of conspiracy theories throughout history and here is a list I found of 8 of some of the bigger ones, at least what the writers at Mental Floss thought.  The first one I will talk about is one that I sort of believe, maybe because I hated reading his stuff in high school.  Even though there are many works attributed to the man, we still don't know much about him, I'm talking about William Shakespeare.  A lot of people have come out saying he wasn't a real person and the one I think could have been the pen name of Shakespeare is Christopher Marlowe, Marlowe is a very interesting person.  Another one I kind of believe is the one about Meriweather Lewis, famed for his trek across the western United States with William Clark and the question about how he died.  It was said at the time that he committed suicide because he was depressed.  I think he was killed because he would not have had to shoot himself multiple times, he was a better shot than that.  Make up your minds, here is that page; https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/588240/historical-conspiracy-theories


There are too many lawsuits that go way too far and I think that if they do go forward with suing the homeowner then it's another case of it.  I understand the law but I think this is reaching too much.  Up in Michigan a city worker went to remove a President Trump sign because it was too close to the road and needed to be moved.  The city should have first knocked on the door of the homeowner and asked them to move it.  This article does not go into detail about how the razor blades got attached to the sign but the homeowner said they did not put them there, maybe that's true.  But now the city is thinking of pursuing legal action because the city worker had to get 13 stitches.  I think it's more on that city worker than anything.  Plus, the homeowner said that a few other signs or banners were stolen so someone was trying to protect the sign.  Here is the article, make up your own mind; https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-yard-sign-rigged-razor-142611747.html


I clicked on this article but didn't read most of it because it was mostly just President Trump bashing and only a few sentences were relating to the title.  It talks about the long history of presidents hiding their health conditions.  The ones they do talk about are true but it doesn't really go into them.  I think the best case of the president hiding his health problems is Grover Cleveland who had a tumor removed from his mouth while out to sea on a yacht.  That is really hiding it from the public.  Here is that very biased article; https://slate.com/technology/2020/10/marc-siegel-trump-coronavirus-exam-fox-news.html

Well that's all for me this week.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care and stay safe!





















Comments

Popular Posts