I'm back, sorry but I forgot to write yesterday.  So I am going to write a little bit more today.  So, my new pain medicine regiment is working very well for me.  Guess I need to talk about my pain first and why I have pain.  When I was 17 I was diagnosed with Scheuermanns Disease, which is an abnormality of the spine during childhood growth.  That is one of the rarer medical conditions that I have and not many people have heard of this.  If Scheuermanns is caught early enough then you can be put in a back brace and this will correct the kyphosis and will not cause any problems later on.  But since it was found in me when I was 17 and more towards the end of the growth cycle a back brace would not have been effective for me.  So now I live with this condition where the hardest thing to do is sit up straight, that causes quite a bit of pain.  Being in a wheelchair has compressed my spine, so that makes it a lot worse.  A little over a year ago was when the pain really started to affect me after I was in the hospital for a UTI and a big kidney stone.  That kidney stone was the size of a large marble so that did not feel good.  I guess it was a trigger for my pain.  So after that I started to see a pain management doctor.  We tried a lot of different drugs besides opioids, which do help but he did not want to prescribe me.  Nothing worked so I continued taking the opioid medication and recently I found a new pain doctor, who is actually my physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor.  He prescribed some different medication and it is working very well, I am not going to say what exactly it is but they are opioids.  So now my pain levels have dropped a lot, down to about a five or six pain.

I am so happy that football season is finally here.  I am a big fan of the University of Missouri Tigers football and the Kansas City Chiefs.  The Tigers first game is next week at West Virginia.  From what I heard West Virginia is a 25 point favorite in that game, which I think is not accurate at all.  The only reason why is because the Tigers have a new coach, I don't think that is a good reason to say they are going to lose by that much to a team that really doesn't have much of a defense.  West Virginia does have a good offense but I do not think that will be enough, I believe it will be a very good game to watch.  I might be going to watch that game in downtown Columbia, not sure yet.  I feel the Chiefs will be good this year but the team really needs to start thinking what they will do when QB Alex Smith hangs up his cleats.  Besides Smith the only quarterback on the roster that has any game experience is Nick Foles, and I am not convinced that he is the future quarterback for this team.  I am not saying that he is not a good quarterback, just that I do not believe that he is the future.  That will have to come through the draft in the next few years.  Who knows, maybe Aaron Murray or Tyler Bray will step up to lead the team, I would love that to happen.  Just have not seen enough yet on the field for me.

I am a big Star Wars fan and am going back to read all the books that are considered canon.  Star Wars canon is any storyline that Lucasfilms, which is owned by Disney, So that means that all the movies to this point are canon, the newer comics, the Clone Wars T.V. series and certain books.  Before I start reading anything I check to make sure it is canon.  It seems to me that recently Lucasfilm is going back to the Legends canon, which is not Star Wars canon just everything else, and taking certain characters or storylines to bring into official canon.  Which is in their right to do, there is a huge amount of storylines and cool characters that can be brought into the new official canon and I hope they utilize some that I like.  I just do not want to start reading a book and find out it is not canon, so when I go to the library I always make sure and check what is official first.  I don't really want to read something that doesn't fit in to the official storylines that Lucasfilm is producing.  There is a huge amount of characters and it is hard to sometimes keep straight.  So I just do not want to confuse myself, I do that enough with everyday things.

That is all for today, if you would like me to talk about any other subject or expand on something comment and I will get to it.  Thanks.


Comments

Popular Posts