I am back, wanting to do a blog post at least every other day.  I want to talk about what it is like for me being in the wheelchair.  The easiest part of getting in the wheelchair is the physical part of it, your body can do mostly anything that it has to.  The hardest part for me was how people treated me, especially at first.  Maybe now I just do not notice it as much or I have learned how to tune it out.  It seemed at first, whenever I went in public which was not very often, people either gave me strange looks or when someone did talk to me that I did not know, it seemed that they were talking down to me as if I was someone who could not comprehend anything.  This really irritated me so I got to the point where I was just angry at people that would treat me like this.  I am really not a different person, the only difference from before is that I cannot walk all the time or jump and that should not be a big deal.  But I grew up in a smaller town where everyone knows everyone else and it was a shock to some that did not really know my story.  I figured the best thing is to then educate people on what happened to me so I will not be treated any differently.  This helped stop some of the looks but there will always be a few of them and if those people want to learn more about why I am in a chair then all the have to do is ask.  I'm very open to anyone about my life and the conditions I have been through so all you have to do is ask.

So, on to the things that I am into.  Well, recently I had purchased a large lot of cards from someone that said they had found them at a Goodwill store.  It was a lot of cards to go through but I have done it, actually finishing it about a week ago.  Now I have all these cards put into card boxes, they were not when I got them, and I just want to get rid of them.  Hopefully I do soon, I have had one call so far from somebody wanting to purchase all the boxes but they said they will get back to me.  Not holding out too much hope at this point.  Right now I am not in a buying position for cards just mostly a selling position but Panini came out with a new product today and it looks really good.  I might have to buy a box when I do get the money.  Anyway, that is all for today.  Hope to be back writing tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts